It's Friday and time for the weekly round-up
1. I discovered Keri Smith's blog. It's got a lovely hand-made aesthetic and this video is such a sweet way of talking about the little found things in our lives that we can notice and find inspiration in
2. OK. This really worked for me. I've been handwriting in my diary for over a decade. It makes me connect up all the different threads in my life. But I struggled to write for a reader. I tried to write by hand but it just sort of didn't work. When I started typing my posts it really clicked for me. Watch this video to see how handwriting and typing make us think differently
3. I've not watched this yet. I've got to order the DVD - and so should you! This is an incredible project about the art being a mother and an artist at the same time.
4. This SO inspired me. The creativity guru Austin Kleon talks about what he's learned from his kids and his wife. I was especially excited to hear him say how much he learned from mothers about working on creative projects. My main take away was that motherhood is in essence a constant state of being interrupted and creative projects need uninterrupted time. Learning how to live in that contradiction is the art of being creative and being a mother.
5. I just discovered Lisa Congdon. Beautiful patters and colors are new to me. I choose monochromatic clothes and I love the idea of branching out. In this post she writes about the pain of the creative process.
6. A creative way to document your pregnancy. Take a look